- Use a ? for any character or wildcard.
- Use capital letters to match any pattern.
- If you're searching for a pattern, you can use any number of wildcards.
- To find words starting with a prefix prepend your search term with a ^
- To find words ending with a suffix, append your search term with a $
- ^EXTRA???????? will find all matching words beginning with 'extra'
- prstleING$ will find all words with the entered letters ending in 'ing'
- ANT????? will find all words up to 8 letters long containing the letter sequence 'ant'
Since some of your have asked, I wrote this word unscrambler/solver a long time
ago as a challenge to myself--to see if I could do it. The original intent was
to solve text twist games, but it has many more uses such as helping with
scrabble, words with friends, crossword puzzles, finding anagrams, solving word
Over the years I've added more features such as wildcards and more recently,
the ability to search for patterns in words. Hopefully what I've done makes
As always if you have comments, suggestions or need help using or understanding this tool, feel free to email me.
check out the rest of my site